Friday, January 7, 2011

Scroll IX- I will act now‏

Remember this one:

1 John 3:18 “Dear children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.” “ Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” A few years ago when I got my pacemaker and my activities were curbed dramatically, I was struggling with just getting by! Then I started the Thursday night AA meeting at North Phoenix Baptist and called it “Living vs. Existing”. Practice what you preach!! Ha,ha Tools are of no use to us unless we put them to work in the prescribed manner in which they were created. Faith based action gives me permission to live my life; to interact with others with unbridled motivation, and to selflessly give of myself without personal aspirations. I will act as I believe God would have me act. Helping others , friends and foe, first and foremost. To love others precluding any forethoughts or judgments. I will forego my human selfishness knowing that giving in itself, is the only and just reward I seek. Without these actions, even for a brief moment, my life as I desire it to be, as God intends it to be, will cease. A failure to thrive due to a lack of nutrients essential to my being and the welfare of those whom I have surrounded myself with. So today, immediately, without hesitation or contemplation, but rather instinctively, intuitively,; action will be the quintessential character trait I will command of myself and live. My thoughts grow to become what I speak. My words will become actions and with repetitive habits. With time my habits will be my character and my character will be the destiny God has planned for me. I choose to act in accordance to God’s Plan. 
                                                                                                                              ~Hugs/Blessings, Bob

P.S. “Talk doesn’t cook rice.” Ancient Chinese Proverb

Happy Friday!

1 comment: